Logo

Logo

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Adventure at Yuki's

Good Day my fellow food freaks!

  Last night I had the awesome pleaseure of going to Yuki's in Biloxi with Terri, Jean and Jamie!  This was my first meeting with the ladies and it was an absolute blast! The food at Yuki's is always consistently good. 

 We started out with egg drop and miso soups. Although she isn't a fan kudos to Terri for trying miso soup for the first time.  Next up was our sushi.  We had shrimp tempura roll, Mississippi roll, green dragon and I believe a rock and roll roll.  Terri ordered sweet and sour chicken.  Once again props to my girl Terri for trying sushi for the first time.

  The rolls were as always wonderful and the sweet and sour chicken was spot on with a juicy chicken inside and a nice crunchy batter on the outside.  As we were getting to the end of our sushi I decided to get two orders of the fried gyozo.  To quote Jamie," They tasted better than they looked".  I had to agree, visually they weren't very appealing but in defense of the restaurant they tasted awesome! 

  The service last night was ok but not great.  I don't blame the waiter as his tables were spread all over the place and he was trying his best to cover a lot of ground. 

  Although the food was great the company and conversation were the highlights of the evening.  Personally I can't wait to get together again the ladies rocked! 

  I know there aren't any photos.  I'm struggling with taking or not taking photos.  I created this blog as a venue for friends and foodies to spread their knowledge and love of food.  I am in no way a food critic and do not want to be associated with that whole thing.  I love food, cooking and the enjoyment that comes from sharing this basic necessity of life.

  Again my thanks to Jean, Jamie and Terri for making my evening one I'll never forget!

"Chow for Now"

Pete

3 comments:

  1. It was quite the blast. Thanks as always to Pete for being patient with me and my limited palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fantastic! Sharing food with friends is almost the best thing there is (wink, wink!). And it was a first for moi, too. I used chopsticks and did NOT fling sushi across the restaurant. Yay, me! On behalf of my progeny and myself...a million thanks, Peter. You are right, we really must do this again, and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, my little buddy Queenie is the bestest bestie in all the land.

    ReplyDelete