Logo

Logo

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Shaggy's In the Pass

Hello my Fellow Food Freaks!! 

Hit another new place last night in Pass Christian called Shaggy's http://shaggys.biz/

Weather was nasty and the week had worn me out but with a little coaxing and the promise of a fireplace off I went.  Shaggy's is located right at the harbor making it really cool to hang out at during the summer.  As for the current weather the restaurant is plenty warm enough with a fireplace right in the middle. 

As usual have to have tea.  Since I no longer partake of the grape it's my go to drink.  We started out with the Jamaican Jerk Shrimp for an appetizer.  The flavor was sweet and spicy with a good balance between flavors.  Good size shrimp didn't hurt. 

Main dish was the Crawfish and Mushroom pasta.  This was a tasty dish with plenty of crawfish tails in a nice tasso cream sauce. 

The service was fast and polite and glasses stayed filled.

A couple of notes:

1.  This is a family restaurant so dress is casual.
2.  Portions are ok but not great.
3.  Caution when navigating the stairs.  It was raining and they were slippery.

The above are not complaints just things to be aware of.  The food was wonderful and the staff went above expectations.  I am guilty of a bad memory or I would give a shout out to our waiter.

Give the place a shot.  Menu has a pretty good variety without being unmanageable.

"Chow for Now"
Pete

1 comment:

  1. I want to say that our waiter was Phillip, but can't be sure. The Crawfish and Mushroom Pasta was very good and I practically licked the plate! And i didn't have to be coaxed to help finish the Jamaican Jerk Shrimp appetizer. Excellent flavor. Love the very casual atmosphere at Shaggy's. Can't wait for warmer days to spend there.

    ReplyDelete