Logo

Logo

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Garden Progress

Hello my Friends!

My little garden was doing great until last night.  We were hit with quite the storm.  Thunder, lightening, heavy winds and hail.  First time I'd heard the tornado siren go off and it made my skin crawl.  The tomatoes and squash took the brunt of the damage. This morning when I went to survey my domain the tomatoes were literally sideways and the squash were squashed!!  By the afternoon things had perked up a little and I hope to see further improvement tomorrow.  On a happier note last Saturday, Terri and I went to Ship Island National Park.  It's 11 miles off the coast and we went courtesy of Ship Island Excursions.  We explored Fort Massachusettes, picked sea shells and found photo ops.  We even found the biggest pizza oven EVER!!

Just kidding!  This awesome beast was used to heat cannonballs to give them the added bonus of causing stuff to burn when struck.  We had a great time and I highly recommend taking the trip out there.  We even saw dolphins during the trip out and back.  Bring plenty of sunscreen and slather it on often or you could end up looking like a lobster.  I know Terri I'll listen better to you next time!  I also recommend you go to http://msshipisland.com/ for all the details.

Well that's all for tonight.

"Chow For Now"
Pete

1 comment:

  1. How would you like to grow food for your livelihood. Sobering experience, that. But I do hope your squashed squash, tomatoes and all survive and thrive. I so admire anyone who can make anything grow. And, oh, my goodness, always ALWAYS listen to Queenie when she says "sunscreen." Toodle, Gatman!

    ReplyDelete