Logo

Logo

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Peter Anderson Festival

Yesterday Terri and I spent the day at the Peter Anderson festival in Ocean Springs, MS.  Terri was really digging seeing old friends and all the great art pieces.  I of course was into the food scene.  Ocean Springs is already known for it's cool little places to eat but I discovered a special treat.  Hidden on 705 Bellande is a little gourmet cheese shop named Epicure.  I fell in love when I saw the huge chunks of  5 year old parmesan cheese.  The owners wife allowed Terri and I to sample a piece drizzled with a 25 year old balsamic, a very rare treat.  Although the selection is small, the quality is there.  I purchased a few different cheeses, rosemary crackers and some really great Genoa salami.  After a futile attempt at finding a place to eat we settled down to munching on my latest culinary purchase.  It proved to be better than anything we could have found. At the end of the day we decided to head out for coffee and had the idea to hit The Shed for BBQ.  It was my first time and the food was great it was a  wonderful day all around .  Oh before I forget I have to tell you about G&M Goat Farm in Wiggins MS.  They had a booth at the festival and I sampled their garlic and olive goat cheese.  They can be reached at (601) 928-4020.  I didn't have a lot of time to chat as they were busy.  I hope they and all the other vendoors had a profitable weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have SEEN the balsamic-drizzled Parmesan AND the goat cheese. Use Queenie's camera phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'll start doing my part. I hadn't wrapped my head around it yet when we were out there.

    ReplyDelete